In an insane attempt to organize everything, I typed all of the ingredients I need for each recipe into a spreadsheet– then I sorted it. Then I combine amounts to come up with final totals. Now that I’ve finished that, I have determined that the most repeated ingredients for the grocery list are…
- apples— in every form; 20 of the suckers, plus cider, jelly, and sauce
- brown sugar–5 cups of it
- butter— 2 pounds of the stuff in 11 different recipes
- cinnamon–only1 tablespoon, but it’s in 6 recipes
- cream, all types— 1 quart + 2 pints
- flour— 5 cups for 5 different recipes
- orange juice— 2 cups
- pecans— 7 & 1/2 cups of them for 6 different things
- salt— only 3 1/2 teaspoons of it, but it’s in 7 recipes
- sugar— 6 cups for 9 recipes
To be honest, all of the ingredients would make up a mighty fine dish on their own–maybe a coffee cake.
Just in case you’re interested, the breakdown as far as types of items:
- 17 Produce
- 19 Refrigerated
- 31 Pantry Items
Oh, and if you’re wondering about servings… TWENTY-FIVE.
And the crazy thing is– I love Thanksgiving.