My mother-in-law’s cooking creed revolves around two very simple ideas:
- A recipe should have no more than 5 ingredients.
- A recipe should have no more than three steps.
I can’t say that I disagree with her theory on this matter, especially since it nets us some pretty good eats. Case in point: her Asparagus Casserole.
Next to her Pineapple Bake, her asparagus casserole is one of the most anticipated holiday dishes that she brings to the table, and it is so very easy.
I believe she doubles the following recipe for holidays.
1 can (15 oz) asparagus spears, drained
1 can (15.25 oz) sweet peas, drained
1 can (10.75 oz) cream of mushroom soup
1 cup medium cheddar, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small casserole dish, layer all ingredients in order.
3. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until ingredients are heated through and cheese is completely melted and bubbly.
Yields 4 large servings