This is a spin off of the Easy Garlic Parmesan Biscuits that I told you about the other day. I served these with Beef Stew.
As for the name, 3-G is for garlic, Gruyère, and green onions.
2 tablespoons butter, melted & divided
1-1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2/3 cup milk
2 tbsp garlic, minced
2 tbsp green onion, thinly sliced
1/4 cup Gruyère cheese, shredded
flour for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
Gently stir in the milk just until the dough comes together.
It is very, very wet and sticky.
Fold in the onions, garlic, and Gruyère.
3. Sprinkle your work surface with a light dusting of flour. Turn the dough out onto the prepared surface,
and press the dough into a small rectangle. The hubby took the photo below for me since my hands were a little sticky.
Fold dough in half, then press out. Fold dough a third time, then press into approximately a 9 inch circle. Cut dough into equal portions.
4. Pour 1 tablespoon melted butter into a 9 inch cake pan. Set biscuits into pan.
Drizzle biscuits with remaining melted butter.
5. Bake biscuits for 12-15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Yield: 12-16 biscuits