1. I burn bread. Put it in the oven. Burned. Griddle it on the stove. Burned. Stick in the toaster. Burned. I burn bread. Don’t ask me to make the toast, please.
2. Left turns make my stomach ache. Isn’t that weird? Maybe not. I was reading a piece in Slate the other day about traffic engineers working to eliminate the need for left turns and left turn lanes. According the piece, 40% of all accidents occur at intersections, and most of those concern left turns. Been there, done that. So, yeah, I’ll go out of my way not to make a left turn if possible.
3. I love IKEA. I really do. It’s just…neat. I’d marry it, but I don’t think that’s legal.
4. I can’t stand the sound of pencils scratching on paper. It makes my skin crawl. My students used ink pens.
5. My entry closet is fast approaching the state of Monica’s Secret Closet. It’s not quite that bad, but it’s getting there. Unfortunately, it doesn’t have a lock on it. Yet.